Friday, July 20, 2012

Waking the Wild Spirit!

Wow! I just received my Waking the Wild Spirit book and deck by Poppy Palin, I think it may be out of print now, but I got it in a trade. It is just mind blowingly *GORGEOUS!!!*


My beautiful Waking the Wild Spirit Tarot


This is a very quick account of my first impressions as I have not had time to study the cards or the book, I just wanted to tell someone!

I so love this deck, I dont know where to start, it was love at first hold. The cards are a perfect size for Tarot cards in my opinion, and shuffle beautifully, and the design on the backs...... when you shuffle they just seem to flow through your hands like a waterfall...

The Major Arcana have all had their names changed in the most delightful way. The first card I saw was  the Wandering Minstrel, the fool, the free spirit.....  colourful, bohemian, wild and oh soooooo handsome..! He was followed by the cunning man or the Magical Spirit, with his flowing grey locks, his tin whistle and his top hat, dancing barefoot before the campfire.... wonderful! Then I found his partner in music and dance...that wily old fox, The Fiddler, the wild spirit, devil may care......summoning demons and imps to his tune...


Waking the Wild Spirit Back and Tin Whistler

The four suits of the Minor Arcana are Water, Earth, Air and Fire instead of the traditional Cups, Pentacles, Swords and Wands and each card has a keyword, for example the Three of Water is the Wishing Well, and the Page of Earth is bearded, ballet dancing Jack-in- the- Green.

The companion book at first glance looks rich with treasure, poetry, folklore, myth amd magic. I feel like locking my other decks away (yes even my Deviant Moon..) and just playing with this beauty until I have made all the characters part of my family.....



1 comment:

  1. ohh i have this deck, and they are wonderful. i have just ordered the book, and given what you have said about it, i am now looking forward to getting it.. *glee*

    ReplyDelete