Tuesday, November 27, 2012

A Devil and Two Friends


The Devil card from the Sweet Twilight looks familiar...  but nothing like my goats apart from the hoof maybe!! Gypsy can be a bit devilish at times though and one friend did call him a Devil Dog!!
I like his wings. The sun and moon are both in this card which could mean he can appear as total opposites...as like day or night, whichever serves his purpose best. He can try to charm with his Elfin ears and snazzily clothed side, but then when you glimpse the tail and the serpent around his arm you start to wonder. Sometimes we can only see one side of a person, no matter how much we try to see the whole, we see what we want to see, because we are standing too close. When we step back we see the whole picture, as others have always seen it. It can come as a shock. He has his trident at the ready.... the LWB says of this card:
The Devil watches carefully as you approach, scanning for chinks in your armor. What use he wonders, is this person, to me?
Yes I have met this guy more than once... stood too close, got burned.... but he never got my soul on that trident of his. I am guessing he is here today in this card, to warn me.


Friends from Froud's Faerie Oracle and The Devil from Tarot of the Sweet Twilight

The Friends from The Faerie Oracle are a total contrast to The Devil! Here we have Faery Nuff and Laochan the best of friends....! Faery Nuff stands up high with his many lights to show the way forward through the dark skies. Laochan supports him they both use their wings to power their flight. Just how friends should be. I have been spending more time with friends recently.... and they are a great support, and they do help shine the light into my life. I am not surprised the Devil is looking at them as if they and their behavior are totally alien to him. he just wouldn't get it would he?


No comments:

Post a Comment