Monday, November 5, 2012

Wheel of the Year

This deck really is out to get me, in the most amusing way. Tarot decks really love to play tricks!

This morning I drew the Wheel of the Year card from the Witches deck, which is my current deck of the week, in case I didn't mention that in my previous blog post. This was one of the cards that I liked least from the deck, box excepted! It just seemed too unsubtly collaged, the flowers and symbols just too "plonked on". I am over that now ... holly is used to represent the winter quarter, and I can never resist the holly. The spring has cherry blossom and the summer an oak branch, but the autumn for some reason has maple leaves and acorns.... which feels a little odd, I think I would have had the oak for autumn, but the green man is traditionally clothed in oak and his leaves are green, rather than the golds and russet reds of fall. The golden wheel of the year with the eight Sabbat markers represents the sun and in its centre is silver lunar pentagram to symbolise the moon. All the seasons of nature are here, the whole wheel of life.


Wheel of the Year - Witches Tarot





So all is balanced and all is well and as it should be.... change is on the way, and this card just points out that change is inevitable and the world keeps on turning. No matter how stuck we may feel all that is surrounding us, keeps evolving, revolving.... just like that old much loved Creedence song. This song always comes into my head as soon as I see the Wheel of Fortune card.

I like this card a lot, it feels safe, it shows that change is inevitable and the Wheel can mean big change. A wheel needs a stable centre to roll smoothly and I do feel pretty balanced right now. What I also like about the Fortune card is that no matter how bad things may get, you know they will change. Some things are outside our control, and we have to learn to harness our own power and adapt accordingly. There is a lot of Karma in this card and Karma works two ways .... bad times cannot last forever, if we remain positive we can expect miracles. Similarly if we put out the bad stuff we are going to be rewarded with more, threefold.

Today I will think and visualise changes I want in my life. We are just past Beltane, the time of sowing new seeds, and fertility rites so this is a great time to plant a few miracles!

No comments:

Post a Comment