Saturday, December 22, 2012

The Shaman

My last daily draw from the Wildwood this year is The Shaman.


The Shaman
The Shaman - Wildwood Tarot

Being numbered 1 in the Wildwood Tarot (which is usually The Magician), its  good card for the beginning of the new world. The sun has turned and is headed back to the North, this is a time of stillness and deeper contemplation. Time to not just smell the roses but to feel them, sense them, connect with them and hear their petals unfurling. When I walked to the mailbox early this morning, I could feel and smell the sun already, it felt peaceful. The grass which I cut yesterday smelled amazing in the first warmth of the day and the goats definitely appreciate it.

I watch how my goats live in summer, they eat and walk at night, and sleep during the day.... in the mornings they are still eating, then they sunbathe on the lawn, totally relaxed and stretched out! They sleep through the heat of the day and in the evening they wake up and have a mad dash around the garden, playing with each other and the cats. Gypsy has been wandering off in the jungle of grass and tree's beyond the lawn recently. When he disappears, Moon comes to the kitchen door and asks me to go and find him! I love these two goats, they are totally amazing. That's Shaman magic, that connection I feel with them. They have this ability to make me happy, to make me smile, and they always come to greet me :)

Later in the day I love to feel the breeze blow through from the deck, I like breeze and prefer windy weather to still. But there was stillness today...... time to let life flow through me knowing that all will be ok. I am animal, I am peace, I am fire, I am emotion, I am mind. I am part of life's force and I live in peace and harmony with those creatures around me.

I am mother...

12 years ago today, on the Winter Solstice back in England, my youngest child was born.... Happy Birthday Phoebe, my Solstice baby xx


No comments:

Post a Comment